Sunday, August 12, 2007

Going, Going, Gone.

Could it be that this time has come sooner than I thought? I am a warrier in the making. God is preparing me for the battle soon to come. Just like David who, before fighting Goliath, was faced with both a bear and a lion, it is preperation for what is to come. For this battle will be painful, and this I know. At one point in time I was scared, but God has cured me of that. No longer will the pain only be emotional. I know who I am. I know that God defines me. He knew who I would be at this moment in time and He created me just for that. I will never back down. I will continue to speak out in truth. I will hold my head high. I will belive that America is a nation under GOD. I will preach from the 12th Chapter of Romans. I will praise God in prison, through beatings, and whatever pain may come. It is temporary compared to an eternity with my God. I know that a time will come when brother will turn again brother, and mother against daughter, but I am not afraid. God is preparing me for what is to come and His work in me will not be complete until I finally enter into the gates of Heaven. I am ready to draw my sword and step out into the front lines.
Today God called me to a new place and called me away from what I have knoen for the last 5 years. I love my church. I love those who comfort me and hold me high, but I don't think my place is there anymore. I will continue to sing on Wednesdays and help out with the college age, but I cannot take the complacency anymore. I am done being content. I am ready to step up, to be baptized in God's Spirit. I am ready to DIE to myself and come alive in Christ. I am ready to be all God wants to be. His warrior. His soldier. I will draw my sword and fight until death. Fight for my king, fight for His kingdom, and I will not give up. For His strength is made known in my weakness. His power comes alive when I am ready to give up. Here I am Abba. I give all of me to You, my King. The one and only true God. I give my life up to You. Forever I pledge my allegance to You.

Love Forever,
Brittany Kirkland

No comments: